Friday, December 20, 2013

Agility Fun

Since the girls are going to run throughs this weekend I decided to break out the agility equipment and do a little refresher course with them since we haven't really focused on agility training all that much recently. And what can I say? As usual Abby rocked it! I think she does better with longer breaks and when she does get the chance to practice she's speedy and having a blast! So I'm really happy with how she's doing and I can not wait to see what she does this weekend!

Karma on the other hand has hit "that" stage. Her manners have completely flown out the window and she has decided my arms and hands are the BESTEST toy EVER! So now it's time for a refresher course *sigh* Anyway after I manged to get her to burn most of her energy she was able to focus better and we were finally able to do a little bit of work with the jumps and by her last run she nailed it! No knocked bars and she did the whole sequence flawelessly. Needless to say we ended it with that and she got lots of praise and got to play with her flirtpole! Now this weekend she's not going to be running agility. She still has a long way to go as far as her reactiveity. So I'm letting her tag along, but she'll be staying in the car and between runs I will be working on some LAT etc with her in the parking lot since there will be dogs in and out of the building etc and it will just be a good opportunity to work with her.

Anyway hopefully I will be getting my grandparents old treadmill and that will help me out a lot especially on days when I have to work. She'll be able to hop on in the AM for a bit and then later she'll get her usual walk. So hopefully that'll help a bit with her insane energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment