Thursday, October 3, 2013

Maybe a break is just what we needed...

So Thanks to Abby's Allergies we've been taking a little break from agility. Truthfully between my trip to Alaska a few months ago, personal stuff, and her allergies we haven't done any agility in about 2-3 months! The break sucks, but I will always put my dogs health before anything else. Speaking of which she seems to be doing a lot better. Thanks to her cone her fur is growing back and though she's still obviously not 100% comfortable she's not constantly trying to itch/scratch. However the second that cone comes off she turns her back into a bloody mess :( But I bought some hot spot stuff to put on it as well as she's been getting some cocoanut oil so hopefully between the two she'll start feeling some more relief...

Anyway like I said we've been taking a break from agility, but the other day during her bath I decided what the hey and brought out a couple jumps... She was so freaking excited to be doing agility! She was happy and acting all spunky and just having a blast. I really wish I'd gotten a video! It was really great to see her enjoying herself and actually having some fun...

So looks like no classes this session, but if she's doing better by the start of the next session we will be back doing some agility classes. Though I'm also considering stopping classes and just doing some trialing and maybe a class here and there. I'm not 100% sure yet, but since she tends to stress a lot at class(she goes completely unstressed at trials hmmm...) I think it might do her some good and help keep agility fun for her. Not to mention it will be better on my wallet....

But we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment